Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wolves and Accidents



We have made it through the first round! We had our last outpatient chemo on Friday and now we have 3 weeks to rest before we start again. Joshua is doing great, I am very hopeful judging from this cycle that we can get this done. In typical Joshua fashion he has continued his scout work and on Friday night he got his Wolf at pack meeting. He is already heading down the arrow point trail and working as a Bear now.


I could not resist adding a few pictures this time too. The first is obviously, Josh getting his Wolf. It is not a good close up of me so I thought I would add one of those as well. For anyone who has not heard the story, I was mowing the lawn and tried to move the yard waste can. I tripped on the lid and fell into it. The doctor thinks I fractured my orbital bone but there is nothing to do for it but let it heal and make as many jokes as I can think of. ( I got canned.....) I have been trying to get Gordon to feel sorry for me but he can't seem to stop laughing long enough! Hopefully this will get some sympathy. However, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I am accident prone and not be too alarmed or concerned, while I tend to get into trouble I always seem to recover just as fast. Anyway, Josh is doing well and that is our measure of happiness. We hope all your families are well and please know we pray for you. Remember, no matter what slows you down we should all follow Joshua's example and keep working for our goals. Awooooooo ( Wolf howl)

6 comments:

NIblet said...

Hurray for the new Wolf!!
And Ruth, you really gotta keep your head in the game, turn the other cheek, and keep an eye on your work. (sorry, don't know any orbital puns. ;c) - robin

Janette Porter said...

Josh is doing so great. He is such a shining example for all of us. I will give you a little sympathy, I saw you in ward council but didn't get to hear what had happened. That really stinks, and I am sure it hurt like crazy.

On the other hand, it I can't resist but smile as well because of your wonderful since of humor that gets you through life!

Tamee said...

Holy crap!! Ruth, are you OK? You must have done this after I talked with you. You told me Gordon fell on his ankle but that quite the shiner.
We are so proud of Josh. That takes a lot to continue with scouts. Scouts are hard enough even when you feel good. What a great memory for him of his scouting adventures. I'm so not ready to be a scouts mom.

lackrik said...

YAY Josh!!!

And watch where you're going next time Ruth. LOL!

Sorry about the eye.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie - you were a clutz in 3rd grade... snap out of it girl... it's time to be a grown up - aw what am I talking about - we'll never change. I love you! We are all so very proud of Josh. Colin and Andrea say Hi (they say a prayer every night for Josh). Lot's of love from Maryland - Donna

Anonymous said...

Ruth
Tell Gordon congrats for us. Also we are so glad to hear how well Josh is doing. I know that there are at least two children in Arizona praying for him every night. Their parents are also praying for him.
We love you guys and I told Gordon that when he hits you he needs to do it in a way to keep from making a mark. :o)
Seriously, falling on your butt at a gas station, getting hit in your van by an illegal alien, having a dog survive electrocution after chewing through the AC wire-- I can go on and on. I won't discuss you relative in the canoe story :o)
Everything happens to you it seems. You are right you always bounce back.
take care.
Jim and Wendy