Monday, January 7, 2008

Questions Answered While We All Wait

Well, it is monday morning and the boys went off to school. I told Josh he has 1 month to really focus and I hope he will. It makes me sad to see how this is changing him. He is much more timid. Being sick takes away your innocence and that feeling of invincability that children naturally have. Going out to the car he slipped on the ice. He was just standing there and didn't get hurt but it really scared him and I had to hold him for a while to calm him down. He told me he wasn't going to go out for recess today because of it. I hope the teacher can talk him into it.........Some people have asked questions and I want to make sure I try to answer them. First off, the surgery will be here in Nebraska at Children's Hospital. I do not know how long before I will be able to make a post afterwards, it will depend on how he does. I may have Gordon or my sister do it. I plan to stay at the hospital with Josh the whole time. I have been talking to the other children and they understand that I won't be home till Josh comes with me. It helps that Rachel had RSV as a baby and I stayed with her then. They just understand that mom doesn't leave the sick one. Also, please remember that the final diagnosis may not come for a full week after surgery so if we don't have much information you will just have to wait with us.
It is very hard to wait for the surgery but also I wish the day would never come. At least right now I can pretend that this is not real, after surgery it will be all too real. I think that the boy scouts may get together and get their hair cut short with shaved sides to support Josh before the surgery. I had planned to cut Josh's high and shaved some kind of design on the sides to make it fun for him. They will cut behind his ear so we only need to shave the sides. I hope the scouts can get that put together, that would be really fun. As always, we are sooooooooooo greatful for the support that you show. Your prays and comments and helping hands make the days easier and we try to have fun where we can. Thank you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, Joseph, Daniel, & Ammon along with Michael and I, fasted for Joshua. The boys fasted and prayed specifically for the Doctors and for Joshua. Daniel said "Heavenly Father, please help Joshua not be scared because you are going to be with him and will bless him so much." It was very touching. We love you all so dearly. Yesterday (Sunday 1-6-08) was just very special. I felt such a strong spirit and earnest prayers given for someone whom they love, so very far away.

Anonymous said...

Jones family,
My daughter is in Joshua class at Wheeler. Mekenzie has been keeping me updated with what is going on with Josh. She is very worried about him. I am thankful for your blog because I can keep her updated with all of the info. Mekenzie was best friends with Tanner Lusk so she knows what it is like to have cancer. She would go with Tanner to radation sometimes and she played lots of games with Tanner when she was not feeling well. Mekenzie is praying for Josh to get well soon. We will keep watching your blog and will pray for Josh and your family. Please let Mr. Fleming know if there is anything the class can do for Josh. I know that Mekenzie would love to help with anything.
Thinking of you,
Susie Looney