Friday, December 28, 2007

Something Old Something New - I am Blue

Well the surgery date changed. The good news is that this is for sure - we have an operating room booked. The bad news is that the date is Febuary 5th. I hate waiting so long but that is the first opening available. We have to be at the hospital at 10am and the surgery is at noon. I hate waiting so long but it is what it is. This also means that Gordon is going back to Arizona on the 3rd and staying till the 31st so he can finish one more class. When he comes home he will have 2 classes and a paper left to do. It is good he can get it done but I am pretty bummed out. My hopes of only 2 more weeks has now turned into 5. It seems like everything is out of my hands, I am just along for the ride. I worry about Joshua and Gordon but there is nothing I can do, just wait for things to happen. OK- I am done feeling sorry for myself- we can move on. Lots of people have asked what they can do and several have offered to come out. I am now making a schedule for the weeks of the hospital stay and after. If you are one of those offering please let me know and I will schedule you. I expect to be at the hospital for about 10 days but my mom and sisters will be here for that time. We really appreciate all the support, I just don't know how we would be getting through this without it. Josh is doing well, and while I watch him like a hawk, I try not to let him notice. He is happy and I will have to follow his lead.

In a few days the new year will be here. I am hopeful and praying for a great year to come and praying that yours is good too. God Bless you

5 comments:

TR said...

You and Josh are in our prayers! Thx for the updates and let us know what we can do to help!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth. We will be fasting for Josh this fast Sunday. Also, I thought you might want to know that there is a web site www.lotsahelpinghands.com where you can organize all of your families needs and people can schedule days and times when they can offer help, meals etc. There is a lady in our community w/ 4 small kids who has stage 4 cancer and this site is used for everything for her family, meals, rides to lessons, childcare, etc. Thought it might help you out in coordinating schedules when Josh has the surgery.
Much love and prayers,
Kim, Robert, Sarah, and Evan

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth and Jones family. Your family is in our prayers and I am glad to be able to read Josh's updates in your blog. We are praying for a "1."
Paddy and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Ruth and Gordon,

We love you. Our prayers and fasting will be for Josh and for each of you. I just wish I could give my sister a hug.

Love ya,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Ruth I am the woman you met on the plane when you and Josh were returning from Texas. I have been praying for both you and Josh since meeting you. I read your updates and cannot tell where the surgery is going to be....I am assuming in NE. But if it is in TX let me know and I can come to the hospital and stay with Josh to give you a break to get a shower or whatever. You are in God's hands ...Linda