Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Win!!!!!!

This round is over! We have finished our last round of cisplatin --- yayaya! Joshua did so well, it was really hard but when he had to take the CCNU (which must be swallowed) he struggled but finally looked at it and said "I Win" and took it. He cried but I was so proud of him. He came home late last night and got up for church this morning. He is so tired but just never gives up. We still have several rounds of Vincristine, our outpatient chemo and a B cycle to go but this was a big hurtle. It feels so good to say this is the last time when we do things with Joshua. The last A cycle, the last cisplatin, the last whatever. Also his hearing test was great, a small drop but not enough to be concerned about. We are about 10 weeks from being done with chemo, can you believe it! Joshua is a miracle, and I can't wait to begin celebrating this milestone. There will be parties and we are hoping for a summer of fun! As always we go from prayer to prayer so thank you. I hope that everyone who reads this understands that you will be celebrating along with us in ten weeks, this is your victory too.

5 comments:

chrissybeagle said...

yay!!!!!!!! & amen!!! we LOVE you! you needd a vacation spot our home is open to you!!

Sandie Husker said...

YEAH!!!! We are so happy to hear all of your good news....Miracle is doing good too...

Love You Lots

Sandie

Lanae said...

yeah!!!!! now we really need a house, so you can have a winter o' fun here! if we buy it you will come. have a great day
lanae

Tiffany Walker said...

I have been meaning to post a million times. I am Lanae's friend and I jump over to your blog from hers every now and then. I am so happy for you and your family. It sounds like Josh is one strong little boy and you as a family are becoming stronger and stronger because of it.

I don't know if you remember, but one time I came to your house with Lanae. You were giving away your Sit N'Spin. I can't tell you how much that thing gets used in my house. Our little boy spends 80% of his time on that thing. He LOVES it. In fact, it is often put on top of the fridge as a punishment and he begs and begs for it to come down. I know it is something small you gave away to us, but it has brought so much happiness into Cameron's life! My husband and I often joke what Cam's life would be like without the Sit N'Spin. THANKS!

Tamee said...

I are so happy for all of you, esspecially, Josh. I can't wait to hear about Josh feeling better, and you all not having to be at the hospital all the time.
We love you. And look forword to better days for you all.

Tamee