Monday, May 25, 2009

New York - Day One

I am planning to post every day till I have shared all the wonderful memories we made in the last week! It was so wonderful! We were a little tired on the plane but as soon as the limo showed up at the airport everybody woke up and was ready to go. As you can see from the first picture my kids acted like they were born to ride in limosines! After we got settled in the hotel we took the subway down to Chinatown. The kids loved walking the streets and seeing the vendors. They didn't enjoy the food quite as much as I did but they found new uses for the chopsticks and had a blast anyway. I especially loved Dorothy's kissy lips. After dinner we walked back to the subway and rode back to the hotel. I had forgotten all the people who go to NewYork and make their own way. The kids loved when people on the train or in the terminal sang or played instuments. Gordon was very freaked out about all the crowds, he was so worried about losing someone. At first I thought he was over reacting but they are so small and people move so fast there that we ended up holding very tight to everybody while we were on the street. I am glad to say that the children did not seem to notice and had a blast everywhere we went. Miriam could have made us some money on the subway. Crowds listened to her and loved all her stories as we sped along. Anyway, it was so much fun. Enjoy todays pictures and tomorrow you can see Joshua with Mary Pope Osborne!





No comments: