Saturday, May 30, 2009

New York - Day Three

Ok, this was so much fun! On Wednesday morning we went to the Statue of Liberty. It was a beautiful day to ride on the boat over to the island. We were given passes to go to the observation deck. There is limited spaces for that every day so we were blessed to get to go up. Josh was not amused however, because he thought we could go all the way to the crown. They are opening this up but not till July and then only 20 people a day. It was still so cool to go there. We went through the museum and the kids really loved seeing liberty's face. I had to yell at them because they wanted to pretend to pick her nose in the picture. Luckily, they stood still when I actually took it. After we got back we took the Staten Island Ferry to the island and met my cousin Steven Faust and his wife Nancy. They were so great and it was fun to meet them. They are artists and it was incredible to see such talent. If I could have fit some in my luggage I would have brought something home. Anyway, I really love meeting family and this was a real treat. It was the perfect end to a great day. A ride back on the ferry and the subway back to the hotel and the kids slept like babies!














No comments: