Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Waiting

I guess I need to post something - looking at the number of people checking the site. I wish I had some answers or something good to say right now. We are in Texas, we are hoping to close on a house this Thursday. Once we are done with closing I will post our address and phone numbers. We went to church on Sunday and the ward seemed very nice and it was very good to be somewhere familar. HOWEVER,,,, we still don't have an appointment with MD Anderson. They will not even make one without the insurance. We have a number now but that will not be in the computer for 3 days and so we have to wait. I do not think we could cut this any closer. Also, poor Rachel has been very sick since Friday. She started with a 103.8 fever that would not break with Motrin or Tylenol and then got very bad diarrea. The fever is down now but not going away and she can't keep anything in her system for more than 20 minutes. I am trying to get her to a pediatrician but the other kids insurance is not ready yet either. Texas is alot harder to deal with. Even though the kids insurance is a sure thing Texas wants us to fill out a bunch of forms anyway and they mailed them so we have to wait for them to arrive and fill them out and get them back. I am hoping we can fax them. Also we got the kids registered for school and found out today that they need special clothes. It is not a uniform per say but might as well be so we have to buy all new pants and shirts. The problem is that they must be solid colored and the shirts have a collar. You would not believe it but every pair of pants Miriam has has either a pattern or design on it. And none of them has plain shirts with collars so I guess I have to shop and get new clothes.
It will be better when we are in our own home and settled in a routine but right now we are just trying to keep anyone else from getting sick and get Josh in for treatment before we are outside of the protocol margins. Everything is very different here and I just am having a hard time having a good attitude. We all know who needs to fix that! Luckily, Josh has not gotten sick and while the kids are bored they are doing ok. (they did break a window but we fixed it)

3 comments:

NIblet said...

I feel your pain! Moving is hard enough, but you guys seem to be having more than your fair share of complications. (And manuevering in Insurance 'hell' can be the absolute pits!)
Try to remember your blessings in all this, it'll get better again in a while. I'm glad Josh is hanging in there.
Hugs from the Reeders!

A mother heart said...

Hang in there! We pray for you all. I wish there was something more we could do for you to make life easier. We love you!

Lanae said...

Love you
Lanae