Saturday, August 2, 2008

Catch Us If You Can

Ok, the last comment on the blog was about something I haven't posted yet! Things are wacky and I need to catch up. Lets see,,,,,,Oh yea, We sold our house in Nebraska. 4 days on the market and 2 showings. It is a miracle and we can't wait to be together again. The trick to the sale is that we have to be out by next weekend. SO off we go and on to Texas. Before you ask, we do not have a home there yet and are still looking. We will keep you posted as it unfolds. Now, on to more important matters, Josh. He is struggling right now. He is well but for some reason he just can't keep his numbers up. His count is 340 - even with the shots we have started. I give him a shot in his thigh every evening to help his body produce white blood cells but so far it is not good. His count was 1350 when we started the shots so the fact that it fell is disappointing. Also we have a new problem. His Hemocrit (I have no idea if that is spelled right) has dropped to 8. That is very dangerous and so yesterday they gave him a pint of blood. The doctors say this is fairly normal but the truth is it scared me to death. It was frightening to see him hooked up to the blood. Normally when he is on an IV I help if it beeps but I didn't even want to touch it. (eventually I did) I think that most days I fool myself into thinking he is ok and not that sick but seeing him like that means I can't avoid the truth. Also he is very weak and tired at home and I feel bad for him. We tried to go swimming but he could not make it across the pool to earn a wristband to get to go down the slide and was very sad about it. Also he is not able to gain any weight and is so thin he can't maintain his body temp so he was cold in the water and we had to leave. (please do not give suggestions for how to help him eat - we are already doing everything we can) I just do not know if he will make it to school this fall. If he doesn't it will be a blow to him. Also, I feel so bad for the other kids. Our world is small now, we used to go out and do things but now we just sit at home. I felt so bad telling them to get out of the pool 15 minutes after we got in so we could take him home. They are very good to him and never make him feel bad but that doesn't mean it is easy for them. We used to go on walks alot but that doesn't happen either. We are going back to the doctor on Monday to check his counts again. Please pray they are up, the doctors think they might be and they have to be or I don't know how we are going to travel. I wish I could be excited about this move but everything worries me now and I am just praying we get there in one piece.
Before I go I should list the things I am glad about so here it goes:

1. We are all healthy (you know what I mean)

2. Our house sold here in Nebraska

3. We will be together soon.

4. Josh did get to go to camp and enjoyed it.

5. Miriam and Teddy went to day camp for a week each.

6. Rachel is potty trained (not at night)

7. My vegetable garden is over grown with vegetables.

8. Our friends always seem to know when we need them (ok that isn't so great - we are leaving them)

9. Gordon and I have been bowling this summer and our team is in 2nd place.

10. Texas will be better for Joshua. ( and hopefully good for the rest of us!)


As Always, you are in our prayers. Pray for good counts and a safe journey................Thank you all.

5 comments:

A mother heart said...

We love you. I wish we could make it easier for you all. Give our love to everyone. You are all in our prayers, every last one of ya!
President Hinckley always said "it will all work out." Even when we have NO IDEA under the sun how, it will all work out eventually, somehow.
WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Lanae said...

We love you too and miss you. Call me when you get a chance, thanks for the recipe, everyone raved of course! Tell everyone we love them and we still pray everyday. (I think I just repeated everything Aubrey said)
Call if there is anything I can do.
Love you

Kenney Crew said...

Ruth,

Sherri gave me your blog address. It's been so long!!!! When you get a chance, please email me at mhkenney28@hotmail.com and catch me up. I have a blog as well, but need to invite you to it, but I need your email address.

We are in process of moving back to AZ. Todd, Mason and Justin flew there yesterday. Todd will fly back to Florida at the end of the month and then we will drive everything out.

I'm sad to hear about Josh. If there is anything that I have learned through our experience, it's that miracles really do happen. We will keep him and your adorable family in our prayers.

Say hello to Gordon for us. I know that things are crazy for you right now, but keep smiling. You are stronger than you think. Hang in there!

Love,
Merrilee

Britt Thomas said...

I must say my mondays are no longer the same :(

hope your enjoying Texas!

Tamee said...

Ruth, we have been traveling for the past few weeks, but Maurine has keep up informed. Bless your heart. What a crazy time for you. Know that we are all thinking of you. I wish we were closer to help out, keep some kids, help with the move or just go to lunch and laugh. Know that we love you. We pray for each of of you every night. Let us know how Houston goes. Love Tamee