Monday, December 17, 2007

The Warrior

Everyone keeps asking how Josh is taking all this. I thought I would update everyone on his progress. I am proud to say he is just Josh, takes everything in stride. We talked about what he might be worried about. I answered his questions and we talked a little about dying. I told him he is a warrior. Only special children get chosen for these trials. We told him that Jesus Christ stands beside him and that it doesn't matter what happens. If he lives he will touch many lives with his spirit and if something happens to him it is because he has another mission. He let me read his journal later and he wrote that he was "freaked out" but now he is ok with it. He likes knowing that this is not random and that there is a plan. Also, when you are 8 being a "warrior" is cool! Gordon and I are of course having a harder time with this all but we do feel that we are being guided and knowing that this is Heavenly Fathers will does make it a little easier to accept. Our families are making a huge difference with their support. It is overwelming how many people care about Josh and our family. We meet with the doctor on christmas eve and will set the date for surgery then. For now we are just trying to make everything normal. Josh is in school and doing homework. Thanks for all you have done you make a difference with your calls and prayers........

4 comments:

NIblet said...

I LOVE that Warrior description, that is perfect. I'm glad he can accept and identify with it, and that he is doing so well. We pray for your continued inspiration in dealing with this and helping him deal with it. - robin

A mother heart said...

A warrior is a great description! And we are all with you in your fight, Josh!!! We love you and are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, God calms the storms.

Sometimes, God lets the storms rage and calms the child.

What a noble and valiant "Warrior!" Legions of angels are truly at his side and by the side of his incredible parents!

We love you and will continue to pray and fast for Josh, for you and Gordon, and your sweet family.

Lots of Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Joshua's Example
from Rachel Quillin book of prayers
Joshua faced a tough challenge, didn't he, Lord?
He had to get a rather difficult group of people across a huge river right at flood stage, and that was merely the beginning. But he didn't flinch. He trusted Your promises to be with him, and I can, too. Thank You for reminding me of Joshua's example right when I needed it most.
This prayer makes me see the great strength Joshua has. God sends his blessings through very special people. I love you,Josh