Thursday, October 2, 2008

School, School, and School

YAAAAAA! Josh started school. We had a meeting yesterday and he did testing afterwards and this morning. They sent us home with lots of schoolbooks and the new teacher will be coming on Friday! We are thrilled and Josh has been so upbeat about things. He will be having class 2 days a week at home for 2 hours. Yes, he can keep up with his class with 4 hours a week of instruction. I would ask why our other kids need to be in class for so long but why complain about a good thing? HAHAHA I am just so glad that he will be able to get involved and not float around the house all day. I talked to the teacher about having him do things in art and music too but they don't offer that so I will have to instruct him myself. Thanks to my mom, I think I am qualified to give him instruction on the arts and we are looking for a teacher to keep his piano up. He loves classical music so we have been working on listening to and identifing different instruments in a piece.
Also, things are looking up for the house. We are working with Robert, Gordon's cousin and we picked out carpet and tile and paint and hopefully they will start on the repairs first of next week. I am starting to feel better about being here and I am looking forward to getting the rest of the boxes unpacked so we can feel settled. I feel so blessed to be where we have some family to help us and such a great ward to lean on. We will have to see what the future holds for us but it is better this week than last. (At least we are drier and moving forward) I know that your prayers help make things happen and we really appreciate it. Keep it up and we will pray for you too.

3 comments:

Tamee said...

Yippy! Good for Josh! That will make time go by quicker too. Glad to hear that the house is coming together. When I think about the past few years for you all, I'm amazed. Lots of exciting events and a lot of blessings. Glad to hear things are okay.

A mother heart said...

Yeah for Josh! Now maybe he can feel somewhat like a normal kid again. And glad to hear that the house is coming together. Things are looking up, finally!

Lanae said...

glad to here such great news! have a great week, love ya. tell josh thanks for the "patch pep talk", it really helped (i was a little suprised), but i am grateful. thanks
lanae