Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just A Quick Note and Farm Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that Joshua is going into the hospital for his last inpatient chemo this year. I wish it was his last chemo ever but it makes me feel good to say the last of this year. We had his hearing test today and it was good news. No further hearing loss but that was expected because he did not have the cicplatin this last round. We will be having that this time but they are lowering the dose because the hearing loss he has already sustained is significant. So while the test is good news we still get to hold our breath for the next test in 6 weeks. I am hoping that the lowered dose will mean that he does not get so sick this time. Again, we have to wait and see.
On another note he is feeling ok right now but still can't seem to get a break. He was bitten by a donkey he was petting yesterday. He was wearing dark green thermals and a light green t-shirt and it was a very nice and friendly donkey I just think his arm looked like food and the donkey did a taste test. It hurt and he was frightened but mostly he was embarrassed afterward. The donkey left some bruising but did not break the skin so he is fine. Please do not ask him about it. I only mention it to point out that this sweet child can not seem to get a break in life. Please include him in your prayers and we are hoping he will have a merry Christmas. In the meantime we are keeping him away from livestock and other hazardous animals. Yes, that means he will not be any live nativities this year, we do not trust sheep. hahaha
May you all have a great weekend and I will post when we are home from the hospital and doing well. As always thanks for everything.

4 comments:

Sandie Husker said...

So Happy to hear from you on your Blog. I have finally got one started!

Josh....it sounds as if you have done a great job keeping up with all your treatments. I know that they have been hard, I am so very proud of you....Miracle has grown into a very pretty dog. She weighs about 15 pounds and is just a riot. I think about you a lot when she is with me...

Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth and Goron and everyone,

I know it is hard , we are thinking of all of you and have a Merry Christmas and prayers for a bright and happy new year.

Cousins Roger and Marci

A mother heart said...

Josh, you are just yummy, that's all. The donkey couldn't help himself!

And we are so proud of you. YOu are doing a great job, even though it seems impossible and horrible and neverending. But you're doing great!

I love that Christmas picture. It's gorgeous!!

abo-bder said...

شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الى جدة
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الى مكة
شركة شحن عفش من مكة الى الرياض
شركة شحن من جدة الى الرياض
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات