Thursday, December 4, 2008

Test Results

Well the test results are in! Josh's 3 month MRI is good! He is stable and shows no new tumor. I can not tell you how much those words mean to me. We worry every time he takes these tests. We are concerned right now because he has no white blood cells. Monday his white blood cell count was .2. That is not even high enough to count his ANC (ability to fight infection) We went back today and he is at .6. Still not registering but higher. We will go back on Monday and see if it is still moving up. They expect that it will but we have to be very careful till then. He missed scouts and will miss primary on Sunday. We will let him go to sacrament with a mask.

It is so hard all these ups and downs. Right now Josh is very down, and it is getting harder and harder for him to come back up. He knows that his MRI was good but he just feels bad and tired and a little nausea so it makes him down. He is having a hard time because each cycle is getting harder and he does not see the end. Some people think we are close to the end and he should be getting excited but this when it gets rough. His body is just beat up and he is discouraged. We have an apointment with a phycologist (did I spell that wrong?) on Monday so we will work on stategies to get him through the next couple of months.

We are grateful for all your support. We hope to have more good news everyday and most of it comes from you. Please do not think we are not grateful for the good news we have. It is another 3 months we have been given and I will take all I can get. It is just hard to be happy when he is not. I keep thinking of the miracles of the Savior when he was on the earth. We are given little miracles each day and I have to look for them and makes sure he sees them too. Keep praying, we need it and I know our blessings are because of it. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear your true gratitude, and Josh will bounce back! I think it's wise he get the counceling you are going for, I am sure it will help him and then you as well! We will continue to pray as always! Love Ya'

Lanae said...

Hang in there, at least you have a washing machine! Sorry about the dryer...you seriously should never gamble!!!!

ArchRay said...

Those are good words about the MRI. I remember being tired of chemo and just feeling what he is. It seems like it will never end and it is hard on your body and it gets tiring toward the end. I dreaded each time during the later part and hoped my counts wouldn't be high enough so that I would get extra time before the next one, even though this is ridiculous because you still have to do it. That's how I felt, though.
Cute gingerbread house. Some people just are very talented. You should see mine--not as good (on my blog).