Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wii Fit and other Health News

Ok we are officially Wii fit junkies! Joshua is a great yoga fan and he is pretty good at it too. We all love the balance games and Josh and his Dad run together. We are working out as a family about 5 days a week between 20 and 30 minutes each. The fun thing is that everybody watches and cheers for each other. Dorothy loves to tell me "Good try mom" (that is because my scores are behind Josh and sometimes Dad's) It sounds corny but it is a family activity and everybody has fun. I have to say I never wanted a video game system but the Wii is one of the best things to happen to us and the greatest gift. When Joshua is tired and down he can really get a pick me up by playing games with Teddy and he moves alot more. I am all for the belief that exercise releases endorfins (spellling) and that can only help.
On to other health news, Josh has a cold but his counts have been up enough that he is ok. This week is when he should drop but I am waiting to see because they lowered his cisplanin level and maybe it will be better. We have been a little off schedule but we go this Friday for the last outpatient chemo of this cycle. The next cycle starts at the end of January. It is truly a miracle that he has gotten this far in treatment without a major health scare. We are blessed and I know that the many prayers on his and our behalf have made the difference. I am looking at this new year with excitement and hope that we will get to a better place and our family can begin to move forward. I hope that everybody can have a new year filled with hope and happiness.

4 comments:

Kirk & April Douglas said...

Did I tell you we got your Christmas Card? It is really cute and it is up with the pictures. I am addicted to this blog thing and I am having fun talking to everyone. I think we need to get a wii! It sounds really fun. Thanks for checking in on our blog and talk to you soon. I should be working.

Anonymous said...

Eleanor Bennett,(90+ years old) always makes sure I have caught up with any news or pictures! Good fortune to you all everyday of the uear!

Lanae said...

yeah! great to here the good news. now im sad we didn't get a wii. make sure you all take before and after wii pictures!
cute video.
lanae

Jen and Bryan said...

Ruth, I can't believe how BIG the kids are getting!!! And josh TOTALLY pulls off the shaved head things great. What a cutie!! Ever coming back for a visit? We'd love to see you some time. You're in our prayers.
Love, Bryan and Jen Wyeth