Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Big News

Today started out normal but ended up.......... We took Josh for an MRI to see if he CP. I had been told by a doctor in Arizona that he did but it was mild. They seemed to take forever to do the test and then they kept making us wait to leave. The whole time I was oblivious and didn't suspect trouble. When they asked me to come to a phone to talk to the doctor I could not comprehend what she said. She told me Josh has a tethered spinal cord and then she said he had a tumor in his brain. After I hung up I called my husband and then got ready to leave. The nurse stopped me and said I was taking it well but the truth was I still didn't get it. It took about 4 times of telling people before I realized what I was saying and then it took my breath away and I just wept. The whole world has just stopped and I can't seem to get my footing. It is like everyone is moving and they don't see me standing there. I just don't know what to do. There are so many questions and no answers. We are waiting to hear from a Neuro - Surgeon and all we know for sure is that he will need surgery on his spine and brain.
This actually occured on Thursday the 15 of November, I am just catching this up.

No comments: