Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Recovery

We are in the recovery room with Josh!  They put a red cast on one foot and a green cast on the other and his toes are yellow.  He looks a bit puffy and is slurring his words some but I think he looks heavenly!  He is sore in his muscles from being pinned down for so long but will be ok.  We spoke to the doctor and he said they did 4 surgeries on each foot.   They cut the tendon and then reattached it longer (not sure how to explain that better) then they cut muscle under the arch and lengthened that tendon  They then took a triangle piece of the bone out to move it down. After that they severed the tendon over the big toe and broke the bone and then put it all back together with pins and plates. ( they are under the skin and permanent)  They did that to both feet and stopped.  He still needs to have his toes done (other than the big toe)  but that would have been another 3 hours so they didn't do it today.  He is still numb from the waist down from the epidural and the doctor says they will keep him numb till Thursday at the earliest, possibly Friday.  We should be home Saturday but heavily drugged for 2 weeks.  I want to cry as I write this because all I care about is that he can talk and knows I love him.  Thank you so much for your prayers, this little boy is my world and I need him to be ok.  I know he will because he is already asking for his new Kindle (Thanks more than I can say to my wonderful sisters and brother who thought about that and made it happen)  I really love you all for being a support to our little family.  We love you and are grateful you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh is the bravest person I know. He must get that from his mom! You both show us what life is about. Love to Josh and all his wonderful family.
Love aunt Nancy

Chelle said...

Thanks for keeping us informed Ruth. Josh is a brave and beautiful young man! We will continue to keep him in our prayers and may our loving Heavenly Father keep watch over his sweet mom and dad as well. Loves!!