Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Night (I think)

Days easily run together in the hospital but today was a good one.  I got the house clean (somewhat) and came to the hospital.  Dad took the kids home and I spent the rest of today with Josh.  His physical therapist came late in the afternoon and once we got him in the chair I took him downstair to the parking area.  It was cold and he wanted to go right back inside but he seem to perk up and that was the goal.  By the time I got him back to the room he was actually talking a little!  Then his good friend Gideon came and he really was excited to see him.  By the time they left Joshua ate his dinner (another success - he has not been eating) and now he is happily snoozing.  The plan for tomorrow is to stop the epidural at 8am and then by 12 he should have full feeling.  If things go well and he can manage his pain with oral meds then around 2 they remove the line and he is one step closer to home.  They will keep him overnight to be sure and let him go Saturday morning.  It was fun taking him around the hospital.  Everyone commented on his casts - one is red the other green.  He charms people even when his is not feeling good.  I can't wait to get Josh home and all I want this christmas is for us all to be together.  I pray that this is the gift we can all have this year, family close and worries far away.  We love you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello-
Sounds like progress is being made. I'm glad they have him up and moving around. Prayers they are able to remove the epidural and he can manage his pain with oral meds. Thinking of ya'll everyday!!